Steering Clear of Viruses
I thought I'd share a list with you all today that I keep inside my pantry. I get this out and tape it where I can see it once cold and flu season hits. I hope that it blesses you today and helps with those little germies floating around.
1. Wash hands, but not with anti-bacterial soaps (we love using Dr. Bronner's!)
2.Llots of vitamin D (sunshine or you can buy them in drop or pill form)
3. Don't eat too much sugar or too many grains
4. Don't take medications (Tylenol, Advil) unless your fever is above 102 or there's severe aching. Your body needs the fever to get rid of the virus quicker. Your antibodies need to build up to take on the next virus you get too.
5. Administer a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in each ear (wait 5-10 mins.). Drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear.
6. Get plenty of sleep.
7. Exercise (but don't over-do it)
8.Ssupplements that send pathogens packin' (try to get something that's 100% whole foods, most likely from a health food store).
9. vitamin C, oregano oil, propolis (a bee resin)
10. Tea made from elderflower, yarrow, boneset, linden, peppermint and ginger (causes you to "sweat the virus out").
11. olive leaf extract
12. Avoid antibiotics! there are no antibiotics that cure a cold/virus/flu. There are more than 300 viruses.
13. probiotics!!! (yogurt made from raw milk, kefir, etc.)
What to eat?
1. raw, grass-fed, organic milk/high quality whey protein
2. grass-fed beef
3. organic free-range eggs
4. coconuts/coconut oil
5. animal-based omega-3 fats such as krill oil and eggs
6. locally grown fruits and veggies
7. mushrooms, especially Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake (bets glucans, immune-enhancing properties)
8. fresh garlic
9. herbs and spices with high ORAC scores: turmeric, oregano, cinnamon, cloves
10. PURE, filtered (prefer reverse osmosis) water
11. fresh, organic homemade chicken soup (make it spicy with plenty of pepper)...helps reduce symptoms. Chicken contains a natural amino acid called cysteine, which can thin the mucus in your lungs and make it less sticky so you can expel it more easily. (Gross, but true!)
*Please remember that I am not a physician of any kind. Just a mama who does holistic research on how to keep her family healthy. :)