Monday, April 26, 2010

Musical Monday

Learning how to play a musical instrument is something that can be beneficial to everyone. Not just to the person playing it, but to others around them (Lord-willing, they're a decent player...he he!). Anyway, for those of you who don't know, my husband plays the piano and I used to play the clarinet. I haven't picked up a clarinet in YEARS and listening to me play may not be the best idea! I HAVE always had a desire to play the guitar though. I actually have a guitar, but the funny thing is that it's a children's guitar that I got when I was 8 years old and it's small. I keep it around the house, letting the kids play with it when they want, but truthfully, I've always wanted to pick it back up and learn. I taught myself when I was in elementary school and my mom helped me a bit (she used to play a lot before her four kiddos came around). I've been kidding around with some friends whom I know play guitar, telling them that I want lessons. I usually get a polite smile and a "yeah, right" glance, but that's not stopping me. If no one will teach me, (you know me, I'm a 'if you want it done right, do it yourself' kind of girl) then I'll figure out a way to learn. That leads me to sharing this (below) with you today.

What sort of instruments do you play or used to play and maybe want to pick back up again? Common! I personally know a TON of you used to play. Ever had a desire to play again? Are there those of you out there that have a certain instrument that you want to eventually learn to play before you're 100 years old? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too used to play Clarinet, but would probably sound pretty scary if I tried it again. I don't miss the tickly mouth from playing it. :-?

We have two guitars. One that is around the house that we rescued from someone throwing away, which we play with, and one that my hubby has. Hubby doesn't know how to play - it was given him as a gift years ago. It's never been played. It's stringed for a lefty, and even though hubby is a lefty, he plays stringed instruments as a righty, so it needs to be restrung. Hubby plays and played many instruments. He used to play electric string bass in church. He was so cute. :-)