Friday, April 16, 2010

Little Passports...What a Genius Idea!







Lovin' THIS new curriculum site I found from Homeschool Creations. It's called Little Passports and it's adorable and very educational. Something I'll commit to when Avonlea is a little older. It's great for elementary ages, but after looking at the worksheets and activities, some are geared towards children that can already read and spell (2nd grade level). I LOVE the fact that it's a curriculum where children can 'travel' the globe and learn about other countries through unit studies. They get packages in the mail from Sam and Sofia (the globe trotters), a post card and lots of little trinkets. I can just see us posting a map on one of our walls, marking up where we've 'traveled' and what we've learned. We've always enjoyed checking out unit study books once a week from our public library (and we still will once we begin using Little Passports), but this will put a whole, new flare to it. What a fantastic idea!


On the flip-side, I'm 90% sure I'm going to attend this homeschool curriculum fair. Maybe even make a girls' weekend out of it! I excited because I'm going to bring all of my curriculum I have ordered for next year and can actually sit down (without counting down the minutes until naptime is over) and plan accordingly as well as praying for our year. I don't know how many moms out there actually pray for the school year as they're planning, but I'm one of them. I remember doing this last year and I know that even though we've had some 'bumps' this year, God has blessed it and has orchestrated it perfectly, according to His plan. :)

No comments: