Tuesday, March 24, 2009

To Dos, To Dos, To Dos...

I've always prided myself on being somewhat organized and I say somewhat because it doesn't always happen. It's the goal, but I have two kids with one on the way and life happens! There's always a random week when everything on the list actually gets done and oh, it feels so good, but the reality is that my children are more important than the blinds getting cleaned so they (God and my husband too) come FIRST, then the chores. It's always nice to have the goal though, so after many months of attempts, failure and some success, here's what I've come up with and it's a system that works for me. I'm only posting this because I LOVE reading up on others' blogs about tips that can help me become a better wife and mother.

Mondays - Kids' laundry, clean/sweep back porch, plan for mom's group

Tuesdays - Dust living room, dining room, all bedrooms; bathrooms wiped down, Rob's and my laundry

Wednesdays - Plan out weekly meals, clean out fridge/pantry, coupons organized

Thursdays - Grocery shopping, sweep/mop all floors, clean Rob's and my bedroom, vacuum all carpets

Fridays - Wash towels/washcloths/dishrags, wash bathmats and kitchen rugs, refill diaper bags, clean out car, refill car drinks/snacks

Saturdays - Mow lawn (Rob), gardening, pull weeds, composting, Sunday lunch crockpot recipe ready, plan out Sunday School lesson, lesson plans ready for this week

Sundays - Clip coupons from newspaper, REST!

EVERYDAY: dishes, kitchen cleaned, dog/animals fed, water the garden, highchair/kids' table/dining room table wiped down, quiet/prayer time

MONTHLY: library trip (alone!) to choose homeschool books for the month, go through mail, throw away old magazines, filing of important papers, write letters/cards, clean out purse, wipe down washer/dryer and empty laundry trash, clean out old receipts, mend clothes, polish shoes, wash sneakers, bathe dog and give medications, clean baseboards, clean ceiling fans, organize pantry, wash cars, throw away expired coupons, put away seasonal decorations and get out new ones, scrapbook updates, scrub down shower and tubs throughly, wipe down lighting fixtures in the kitchen, clean all blinds, blow leaves and debris off roof, clean out gutters, oven deep bleaned, lesson plans, naptime boxes cleaned out and restocked, Miricle Grow for garden.

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Erik and I have definitely realized that breaking chores up into just a few each day is much easier to handle than trying to get it all done on the weekends!

Kelli said...

This is a great list Kelli. I need to sit down with myself and plan out some things. Espeically for Sunday because I always feel like I'm running around figuring things out! Rondell and I also need to plan our meals.
The labels...when you do a post you can right a label (ie Lincoln) and then go to layout and choose the label link and it will put the labels on the side bar. I've been meaning to do this myself.