Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Just Needing Rest
Yes, it's been awhile! I've been a busy girl...revamping my Home Management Binder, planning homeschool curriculum, keeping 4 littles busy as its been raining cats and dogs here, trying to figure out what's wrong with our "new" car (yes, we've been stranded at home), purging, purging, purging unnecessary things from our home, a few trips to the beach collecting shells last week, catching baby puffer fish and octopus, discovering a baby Mockingbird in the middle of the street that we're now feeding smushed up dog food round the clock (thankfully, they don't eat in the middle of the night!) until I can drive it to the Seabird Sanctuary, researching, researching, researching, reading, baking and cleaning, taking care of our new baby chicks (flock of 25, but we're now down to 21...?), running our milk/egg co-op and (take a breath), hmmm...what else?

Feeling a bit flustered as I  have so many pictures to upload, so many things I want to share in what we've been learing about sustainability and the savings it provides financially, the books I've been reading and what I've learned. I have a new blog to finish designing and a "To Do" list a mile long, but I just don't have the time to do it all. Time is so precious. I wish I had an extra 5 hours at the end of every day that I didn't have to tend to anyone and yet I'm so blessed to have an amazing husband and 4 little guys to indeed tend to. :)

There are some days where I throw everything out the window and as the kids are resting, I sit at the feet of Jesus and rest. I have to give everything to Him as He's leading and guiding our family just the way He wants it. Funny how coming before the Lord really puts things into perspective regarding what's really important in a day. "Have I prayed with my children today?" "Have we talked about God's mercy, grace, blessings and His beautiful creation?" Ahh, perspective!

Do you ever feel like there aren't enough hours in the day as a wife and mother? 
  
 

No comments: