Thursday, February 16, 2012

Back To Eden

Okay, so many fellow gardening friends have recommended this film and I've finally watched half of it so far and am amazed at the simplicity of how to grow better food in our family garden.

Even if you're not a gardener, this film should be watched by everyone and has some amazingly interesting points that I've never thought of before. Love how he breaks down the NPK levels and my brain is already churning over evaluating my own garden plants, seeing if I can identify what they're lacking (Nitrogen, Phosphorus or Potassium).

The section on pest control blew my mind and has changed my thinking on the hows and whys of fertilizers and pesticides. I used to order organic pesticides and would splurge on "the good stuff" so I knew it was healthy for my family to eat, however, this spring, I'll be focusing on having healthier plants in general so that I don't need as many pesticides. Dad never has to use anything because his plants are always so laden with good, organic, natural matter and he mulches well just like this guy.

I can't wait to watch the rest. If you do take the time to watch, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Mapshocked said...

I will have to watch this as we are looking for a new house and land sometime this year. I am starting to plan our our garden and what foods we want to grow.