Monday, August 8, 2011

A Bit About Me...

I realize that some of you may have been reading this blog for years, others may be visiting for the first time. I thought today it might be fun to share just some random things about me.


I don't like brussel sprouts, overcooked pasta or scallops.


My father is the person who instilled in me my passions for agriculture.


(I secretly wish I could go back to school and earn an agriculture degree, not for the degree per say, but for the sheer knowledge...shh!)


I always make cookies and pies from scratch, just like my mother always did.


I love country music, jazz, contemporary Christian tunes and some R and B.


I love living in a tropical climate. Despise cold weather!


I enjoy Florida, mid-afternoon, summer showers.


Fall is my favorite season.


I met my husband when we were in elementary school (his mom was my teacher!).


I Love being home with my kids.


I was saved and baptised when I was seven years old.


I've always hated needles, but after 4 kids, I've learned to tolerate them.


I dream of owning land someday as a family, working it and being far away from concrete and buildings.

I think the world of George Washington and after visiting his home this past winter, reading some books about him and learning more about his life, I hope I can live my own life just as ambitiously.

I'm always rereading a devotional called Secrets of the Vine by Bruce Wilkinson, challenging myself in my walk with the Lord and what He wants for my life.

I adore my husband to pieces and we have an awesome marriage {heart}.

Although I don't personally have many Titus 2 women in my life (something I'm praying about), I've really appreciated other blogging moms and their helps and influences for young moms.

I never do giveaways on my blog, although the thought has crossed my mind.

I have two younger sisters and a younger brother.

I love health and nutrition, but I'm no size one and that's okay. ;)

I wish I could sew like my mom and mother-in-law, be inventive like my father, be funny like my sister, be as "in tune with the world" as my husband, but I'm okay with being who God made me.

I Love the intimacy of praying to the Lord with my husband.

I would love to tackle some sprouting (legumes mostly) before the year ends.

I Would love the money for a good dehydrator and grain mill (as I've heard all whole grains loose 90% of their nutrients within a day or so of being ground!).

I think wearing a cute apron is fun, especially while baking with my girls.

I realize that not eveyone shares my passion for good food, where it came from and the big businesses behind it, and I'm learning to be okay with that.

I love the smell of a newborn baby, the sweet noises they make and the blessing they are in our family.

I am blessed that my husband never minds helping me fold laundry on Monday nights while we watch tv together.

I love to watch Food Network, home improvement shows, travel shows, National Geographic documentaries and TLC shows. There's so much junk on tv now that I think I'd be okay without a tv actually. Maybe someday.

The beach at night is one of my favorite places to be. I always feel closest to God when I'm there. Something about sitting barefoot in the sand next to a gigantic ocean, knowing He made it and glancing up at the endless sky. God's creation never ceases to amaze me!

I've learned that although I love a good 8 hour sleep, I can function on less if I need to. (sigh)

I don't mind going to the dentist.

I really enjoy campfires and roasting marshmellows with my family.

I genuinely love to learn. Was never good in school (aka: "book smart"), but since being out of school, I've been able to learn and focus on things that I really enjoy learning about. Not to put down Calculus or Chemistry, but I think there are so many other classes students could benefit from.

I love hearing an awesome adoption story! I know that if the Lord opened a door for that in our family, we would be on board. Adoption can be such a blessing.

For our family right now, we're enjoying a time of blessing. We have been pruned in the past and will be pruned in the future, but are enjoying fruit right now.

I'd love to hear about YOU, your passions, ambitions, likes and dislikes.
Isn't it interesting how God made us all so different?!

No comments: