Friday, July 1, 2011

Around Here...



Computer has been down the past few days so my blogging has been nonexistent. So much to share as we've been making Elderberry jams, Sambucus, etc. Rob and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary yesterday. We've been swimming, at the beach, slowly getting together a hospital bag for Isaac and myself, doctor and dentist appointments, cleaning out/organizing toys and clothing in bedrooms, cleaning out the schoolroom for a special summer visitor {smile}, working on character training and chores for extra summer money, a few visits to Chuck E. Cheese, play dates with friends, quiet time with Jesus, LOTS of reading very interesting books from my summer reading list, trying desperately to keep up with politics and world events, praying for Greece!, praying for Benjamin Netanyahu and Israel, enjoying the continuation of our Bible study class once a week, taking time to rest and relax in the middle of the day's "Quiet Time" as my body is slow-moving these days (and I'm not used to people doing things for me...lifting, chores, etc.) and relying on the Lord's guidance for our family.






As we have two more weeks until the baby gets here, I often wonder how certain things will work around our household. I worry at times how I'll continue to discipline and train our children, however, the Lord continues to show me in little ways that He will get us through as we transition from three children to four children under the age of 5. There have been many wonderful Titus 2 women that have come alongside me with tips and tricks of making things work, especially on little sleep and having a healing body after surgery. I am so grateful. Jesus continues to remind me that I have to rely on Him and His strength. I would be a fool to think that I could handle everything myself and I know that's not realistic. He has given me a wonderful, family-devoted husband who is an amazing father and I know will be taking over many of my own responsibilities as well as leading our children. We're also blessed to have Rob's mom here for 6 weeks to help out and visit and the kids are so excited and counting down the days until she gets here. So many things we're anticipating in the next few weeks! So many blessings that God has granted our family! So many things to be thankful for!







I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

No comments: