Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Know What's Funny?...


As I've done surveys before on what you all want to hear about, homeschooling has always come out on top. Well, {sigh}, I guess I'm just not cutting it in that department. I used to be good at it, but now-a-days, it's "just done" and I'm caught up in the moment of a science experiment, too busy to take pictures. I'm working with my kids in the kitchen and my hands are too gooey and messy to grab the camera and take a video. I think of cool ideas, stay up late implementing them and forget to share. I make awesome printouts on the computer that "I'm so sure everyone would want a copy of", but STILL can't seem to figure out how to do it. As my tummy is growing, my back is hurting and my metabolism is slowing down, I find myself using the kids' quiet time/nap time during the day as my own rest time (and that's okay!).


So sorry to have let some down who follow this blog to get some fun actitivies. As the year winds down, I know it's hard to stay focused and press on. The Lord gives me strength though. He hears my whispers throughout the day and my prayers of thankfulness for our amazing blessings.


My body is tired and ready to meet Isaac, but I know that within these next weeks, I have some school planning to get done so that I'm not overwhelmed when he does get here. Right now, I get plenty of sleep and am enjoying that tremendously. My husband is an amazing help, never hesitating to help with dishes or just wrestling with the kiddos so I can have a moment to put my feet up. I still have some hospital paperwork to fill out and send in. I still need to locate my hospital list of what to start piling up in a suitcase, "just incase". {smile}


I can't wait to smell those baby smells, see how the older 3 react to their baby brother, watch as he's nourished and taken care of by his family and just to see how the Lord will work in the next few weeks. Now, I'm going to go and put my feet up as my children finish up a bit of quiet time.


Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!

No comments: