Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Wednesday...

Been studying Genesis and the aspect of Progressive Creationism, trying to come up with a theory that I stand behind. II Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:4 have my brain churning its cells as I'm in Genesis and reading the story of creation in "7 DAYS". I have been reading the Bible (the ultimate source, of coarse!) and this as well as articles by Ken Ham (be sure to check out his children's biblically-based literature on dinosaurs...they're awesome)and others.
Any thoughts on this one?!!!



Praying for the Middle East as things are so up in the air and there could be so many outcomes that effect the U.S. as well as the world (only time will tell). No matter what our government tries to do in helping create peace, religion will always divide. I'm convinced of that. Trying to knowingly accept that this is God's will and if all goes according to how some predict it will (in favor of Sheriah law), it'll be a waiting game to see what countries try to completely wipe Israel off the map and if someone is going to offer a peace treaty.



Love watching my children play together outside. I think they played for an hour and 1/2 and when I called them in to lunch, they wanted to stay outside. :)



Love our weather right now...60s/70s for our highs.



Got the rest of our spring seeds planted. Seedlings coming in nicely.



New egg customer today. What a sweetheart.



Love a new verse my amazing husband told me about the other day...



"The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one (Adam) who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time."


~Romans 8:19-22



Creation is just WAITING to praise God in FULL FORCE!!!



Can't get over how much Lincoln has matured even in the past few weeks. I'm starting to see lights "go off" and seeing the fruit of our parenting labor. Ahh.



Laundry seemed extra big this week (?).



Orange trees blossoms and blueberry blossoms are starting to come in and besides being beautiful and bringing lots of pollinating bees, they smell amazing.



So blessed with friends who still give us hand-me-downs. Went through bags yesterday and had that "I want to hold and meet my baby" moment while shuffling through newborn boy clothes. {heart}



Playing it cheap and easy this Valentine's Day and I'm okay with it. :)



Need to majorly organize Lincoln's room as toys have taken over. Goodwill will have a visit from us soon!



Wishing I didn't have junk food cravings while pregnant. Why is it that I ate so well before getting pregnant and now that I am, I can't stop thinking about junk food, even though I know where it comes from and how bad it is?!!! Ug.



Amazed everyday at God's PERFECT TIMING and WILL. He truly is our heavenly FATHER and knows what is best for us even if we do not know what to pray for...



"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
~Romans 8:26-28



I'll leave you all with this verse today...



"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."
~Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

2 comments:

true blessings said...

Thank you Kelli.I always feels refreshed when I read your posts.I can see you are a positive person,also for posting so many scriptures~

Matthew and Valerie said...

Love Ken Ham! Have you checked out the website www.answersingenesis.org? I used a few of the videos in class.