Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inflation, Preparedness and the News

I know that the majority of you don't read this blog for political reasons and so this post may bore you. I personally think that it's our responsibility as Americans to watch the news, be aware of what's going on in our world and as I choose to keep up with world events/news, I will from time to time post things on here that I {prayerfully and Spirit-lead} feel should be posted.

For those of you who are not avid news watchers, I would encourage you to start watching. There are changes going on all around our world involving food, oil, politics, war, the Middle East, Israel and some would even say to begin watching for major Biblical prophetic things to be checked off the timeline list.




There are many news corporations out there so be careful which ones you choose. I think it's safe to say (and most would agree) that MSNBC is your "left"/Democratic news station, CNN is your "middle man" station (although many contributors have left feeling that they are leaning "left" and for other reasons) and FOX News is your "right"/Republican news station. Again, do you homework and follow what station you feel is truthful and teaches in accordance with your faith in God.




I do realize that all media is considered entertainment and has to be funded financially by someone/party so I think it's safe to say that although I do keep to one station in particular, I do not get all of my information from just one source.


Proverbs 14:15 says this...
"A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps."


This is one of my favorite verses and speaks volumes as you're doing your own research. What is your source? Who is the writer/author of the article? When was it written and is is valid? The list goes on.


Recently, a Bible class that Rob and I belong to took a spiritual gift test. We found out that between the spiritual gifts of encouragement, faith, giving, knowledge, leadership, mercy, service, teaching and wisdom that we both scored the highest on knowledge. It's something that's ingrained in us by the Holy Spirit and something that {in appropriate times} we feel lead to share and fellowship with others. We even enjoy debating with each other, spitting out facts and quizzing each other late at night. ;) Romantic huh? {lol}


The research that I (again, prayerfully and Spirit-lead) am able to share with my readers on this blog is carefully considered, carefully researched and if anything has been found otherwise, I am quick to correct it and apologize.

I am so thankful that God created us all with different spiritual gifts. While mercy and service are things that I have not been gifted with, thank goodness others have been!!! And while others may not have the passion to pursue research and knowledge, some do and are happy to share. God truly is creative and orchestrates EVERYTHING to a "T" according to His good will and purpose.
This video is just one of the many shows I've been tuning in to lately and would encourage you to watch. I watch everyday from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

No comments: