Saturday, May 22, 2010


Not sure if you guys remember, but I joined the '43 Things' site and made my list of 43 things I wanted to do in life, Lord-willing. Well, one of those things was learning how to play the guitar. I wasn't quite sure how this was going to happen. I had approached a few individuals, seeking their help in lessons, but nothing much came of it. I also did not have a guitar! (That would help, huh?) Anyway, I was chatting away with my grandmother the other day and sharing with her my desire to learn guitar. She said, "Well, why don't you ask Grandpa?" Duh!!!!! (Light bulb is now going off.) I'll be happy to share that Grandpa gave me my first lesson this past week (complete with a guitar to borrow until I can save up to purchase one). I have another lesson this upcoming week as well. I'm very excited! Can you tell? I'm no Carlos Santana yet, but I'm getting there. So far, I've learned how to strum the following chords: E (minor), A (minor),
G and C. Maybe, when I get incredibly good, I'll post a video of me playing. Yeah, maybe. (smile) Have a wonderful weekend all!

No comments: