Monday, April 5, 2010

In the Garden Today...

I was just thinking how nice it would be to have some roasted potatoes for dinner tonight, but I forgot some at the store. Well, I was out digging around in the garden and low and behold, I had some that were ready. Hooray! Roasted potatoes for dinner. :)
Here is something else I'm excited about today. Our family eats A LOT of mangos. I can't buy enough of them at the store. I do like to buy organic mangos, so whenever I find a good seed, I like to wrap a wet paper towel around it (you have to break open the pod first, then clean the seed to soak), stick it in a jar and place it on our windowsill to sprout. I'm happy to say that some of my mangos are sprouting!!! They're pricey to buy at the nurseries, so I figure I still have approx. 5 years until it's big enough to POSSIBLY give us fruit, but we'll try it and see.


No 'Musical Monday' music today. I'm running dry and a bunch of Christian songs that I like don't have a video to go along with it on You Tube. Oh well. Hope everyone had a great Resurrection Sunday. The Easter bunny doesn't visit our house. We focus on Jesus, but we did have an egg hunt and the kids did get baskets with some chocolate crosses and a few trinkets inside. We read the Resurrection story at breakfast and had a glorious time at church praising our Risen Savior. I'll post those pictures when I can.


2 comments:

Kelli said...

Mmm, potatoes. And Ron LOVES mangoes...good luck.

Anonymous said...

We don't do the easter bunny either. We also don't do eggs and easter baskets. Instead, each child gets a special gift(s). This year, the children put on a show for us, first thing in the morning. 10yr and 7yr old recited poetry from memory, 5yr old counted to 100, and 3yr old counted to 30. Then, we did a family Bible study of Luke 24, and then hubby discussed with the kids about the gift of Christ. After that, we gave the children gifts. This year, they each got action figures, activity books, and stencils. We are pretty much a "no candy" house, so we do little toys and activity types of stuff.

I haven't been to your blog in a while. I need to look around. Nice place you have here. :-)