Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Made Butter After All!


For the record, I put the cream in a jar and back in the fridge and thought that maybe later, I'd try again when the food processor was working again. Good news on both ends...my food processor was just overworked and is back working and the second bit of good news is that I DID make butter!!!!! I pulled out the jar from the fridge just a bit ago and TA-DA...butter was solid on the top and buttermilk was seperated and on the bottom. Geesh. How cool is that? I pulled the butter and put it in a seperate container and left the buttermilk in the jar for some homemade buttermilk bisquits tomorrow night for dinner. I think my main problem was that the cream wasn't cold enough. You need your cream to be straight from the fridge. Mine had been sitting for a bit.
(*No, this is not a picture of MY butter, but it looks exactly the same. Still can't find my camera cord.)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Look at you and your butter!