Friday, October 9, 2009

Avonlea's Party

Just about to sing...
goodie bags





The cake...homemade by mom. =) The jellybeans were a hit!


games
more homemade games
Avonlea's party went well last weekend. Her friends and family were able to celebrate with us and she was super excited for her special day. I do have to say that I was so proud of her. Her thankfulness throughout the day really shined. She was grateful for her friends/family being there, for her cake and for the sweet gifts that were given. She thanked each person for coming and all I heard for the rest of the week was "Thank you Mommy for my party". It made me feel like I was doing something right as a parent for helping instill those values in her.
Anyway, her theme was carnival/fall costume. The kiddos showed up in their fall costumes and
did they ever look cute. Avonlea picked Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. She's only seen the movie once and didn't see it entirely (some scary scenes), but she liked the costume. We actually got all the kids' costumes from the cosignment store this year. We have a credit there and so we basically just exchanged their costumes from last year for this year's. Can't go wrong with that! It's also fun to trade with friends. Lincoln is Thomas the Train and Norah is a very cute pumpkin. We had a ton of fun at the party and are so thankful for our big 4-year-old.


3 comments:

Violet said...

Hi there. I don't know you at all but i was googling for a clipart picture of a supermom for a button on my blog. Where did you get yours? Did you make it? How can I get one for my blog? Thanks for your help!

Matthew and Valerie said...

What a fun birthday party! You sure know how to throw a good one!

Kelli said...

What a fun party. I love all of the games and the cake is really cute!