Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Contentment

*Never allow yourself to complain about anything - not even the weather.
*Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
*Never compare your lot with another's.
*Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
*Never dwell on tomorrow - remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.

These are wise words from a book I'm reading called, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. If only I could put these words into practice every minute of my life! :) God is SO good to have kept me in check of this today.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey! If you go to the website http://www.bsfinternational.org/ you can enter your info and see if they have a class near you. They have day and evening classes AND there's a kids program so you can take the kids with you. I believe they have to be 2 to start. I go in the evenings to Rondell stays home with the kids but my friend takes her kids and she thinks it is great (she stays at home). I hope this helps. I LOVE it.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I joined a women's Bible study this summer and we are going through that book. I am really enjoying going through the book.

Unknown said...

i have this book, but never read it. maybe i will now - i have been having a lot of trouble lately with some of the points you listed...