Monday, July 14, 2008

Walmart Baby



Rob, Rob's mom and Avonlea went to church last night to help raise money for a missions trip our church is taking soon (Rob sang), so that left Lincoln and I at home. Avonlea needed some new shorts, so we were off to Walmart. *Just on a side note...Avonlea is officially potty trained (with the exception of an occational wet pull up when she wakes up in the morning)!!!! Number 1 was pretty easy, but number 2 was a different story-yikes! Needless to say, she is very proud of herself for accomplishing this grand task and frankly, I'm happy to be done with diapers and the fuss that comes with them (changing them and the expense!). How did we do it you ask? Persistance. From day one, she was in underwear and we never went back to diapers (with the exception of naptime and night time). Sure, we had accidents, but I just took her every 1 1/2 hours or so and it really wasn't bad at all! We'll see how Lincoln goes though. I've heard that boys are a whole different breed. :) Anyway, back to Walmart. We went to a local Super Walmart and if you've ever been there, you probably know they have fish there. So that's where we found ourselves when Lincoln was getting cranky. He was super excited to watch them (as you can see) and I was super excited that he wasn't cranky anymore. :)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hi Kelli. It was good to hear from you. I've been trying to think how I found your blog and it's because you were a friend listed on the Holloways blog. I have no idea how I found their blog but those kids are so cute and she had info about Destin on there and we were getting ready at the time to go there for vacation. Unfortunately I have a lot of free time at work and when I get bored sometimes I read blogs. So I saw yours because you spelled your name like me and then I like some of the parenting tips you had and your faith stood out to me. I actually bought The Strong Family and it's on my list to read.
This week in Ohio is going to be hot but I'm sure not as hot as Florida. Stay cool.
Kelli