Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby Mine and "All Done"


From the moment each of our children were very young, I (or Rob) have always rocked and sang to our babies before putting them down to sleep. One of the songs I usually sing to them is "Baby Mine" from the movie Dumbo. It's such a sweet, soothing lullaby, yet a difficult scene to watch during the movie (mother and baby are seperated...tear). I was in the process of getting lunch ready for the kids today and Lincoln was really upset and crying heavily. As I'm trying to calm him down from the kitchen, I hear Avonlea singing to him the "Baby Mine" song and he immediately calmed down. Of coarse, I had to ask her to sing it again so I could get it on video.:) She's so sweet on her brother!

Here are the lyrics:
Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine.
Little one when you play, don't you mind what you say.
Let those eyes sparkle and shine, never a tear, baby of mine.
If they knew sweet little you, they'd end up loving you too.
All those same people who scold you, what they'd give just for the right to hold you.
From your head to your toes, you're not much, goodness knows, but you're so precious to me, cute as can be, baby of mine

If I could figure out a way to put music on my blog (help!!!), I would have posted that too.

Lincoln is learning sign language now (has been for a few months). He knows "All Done" and usually says "All Done" (just not is this video) and can sign "Please".

No comments: