Friday, May 16, 2008

Porch Play

The kids and I have really enjoyed playing on the back porch and exploring our creative side the past few days. I have heard neat stories about making forts, houses, tunnel systems, etc. out of refrigerator boxes so we decided to give it a try. There's an appliance outlet store near our house and I always see them throwing large boxes into the dumpster. We stopped by one day and they said I could have as many as I wanted. Cool! Free boxes! So we brought them home and first, created a tunnel. Lincoln really enjoyed this. Then, today we decided to take them out onto the porch and give them some color. Avonlea got a kick out of painting these large boxes. We have a rule at our house that we only color/paint on paper so I had to explain that this was okay. We've also had some fun playing in shaving cream. I used to do this when I taught preschool and it was a blast. You can add little dabs of paint to give it color too. Fun Stuff! =)




No comments: