Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy 11-Month Birthday Lincoln!

Happy 11 Month Birthday Lincoln Cole!

Lincoln has become quite the charmer lately. He loves to snuggle with blankets, lovies and people. I have read the book The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell and it's so amazing to see how these 5 love languages really pan out. Avonlea is a girl who's language is "time". She loves to spend time doing a puzzle with me or Rob, playing doll house with one of us (yes, Rob is secure enough to admit he plays doll house...he he) and anything that involves close, personal time with one of us. She does like hugs and kisses, but I really think that as she grows up, spending time will be one thing that we'll have to make sure we do with her. Lincoln, on the other hand, is a "personal touch" boy. He'll be off galavanting around our house playing with toys, eating Cheerios and playing with Avonlea, but he always takes a break here and there for a snuggle. He also has a problem with biting, which we're working on! Just for the record, the five love languages are:

1. Physical Touch
2. Words of Affirmation (praising your children, telling them you love them)
3. Quality Time
4. Gifts
5. Acts of Service

All children need all of these acts of love throughout their lifetime, but some are more needed than others. It's a great book and I highly suggest it for a re-read as well. I think I've read it 2 1/2 times.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I have that same book, and I love it. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Your children are precious.:)

Love,
Jenny and family