Friday, March 7, 2008

Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

This was a week of growth and patience for me. If you live in Florida, you know that the oak trees are decorated with an unpleasant pollen that you can't get rid of if you tried. It not only effects your lawn, vehicles and basically anything you have outdoors, but in my kids' case, it effects they're health and moods. This means that my kids' noses haven't stopped running since Monday, their asthma starts kicking in (meaning we're back on breathing treatments every four hours...lovely) and because they don't feel well, they are CRANKY.

Patience has never been a virtue that comes easily for me. I am very impatient when it comes to waiting on other people to accomplish something for me. "If you want something done right, you'd better do it yourself" has been a motto I've always lived up to well. But, as far as children are concerned, I have always had great patience. I take the time to explain to Avonlea why we do and don't do certain things (actions can be unsafe, improper, impolite, etc.) and I think I follow through with discipline pretty consistently. Well, this week has tried my patience more than I can bear and I know it's Christ calling out, "Come to me you weary mommy!" I finally broke down and did just that today. I had to recommit myself and my family back to the Lord, knowing that I can't do it all. I'm NOT supermom or superwife. No one is and by thinking that we are, we're only fooling ourselves.

I have really been challenged as far as not disciplining out of anger this week. It's amazing how a two-year-old can run you through the ringer! I'm looking forward to an evening with my husband tonight and bedtime for my kiddos.

I came across these verses today as I was searching for patience and strength:

Jeremiah 31:25 "For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes."

John 7:37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink."

Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

TGIF: Thank God It's Friday! =)

2 comments:

Bush Family said...

Oh man Kel, sorry you are having a rough one. It is no fun when one isn't feeling well, I can't imagine how it would be with two cranksters! I will pray for patience for you. Enjoy your night!

Jo said...

Hey girl! Julia and I were just talking about not having it all together a couple of weekends ago! I'm thankful that we have a God who wants up to make it! He is definately there to help! I've been reading a book recently and the 'yoke is easy' has taking on a deeper meaning for me!
I love you girl!
Jo