Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just Wanted You To Know...

You know, as a writer/blogger, I constantly have writing topics that zip through my mind and I think, "Oh! That would be a great blog topic!" Sometimes, I write them down on my day planner. Sometimes, on my hand. Sometimes, I think I'll remember the topic and don't write it down, and then it pretty much never makes it to the blog topic list (yes, I'm a nerd and I have a small one going...thank you also for your input recently. More on that later.)
 
I want to touch on a subject that I should've touched on a LONG time ago. A topic that I think rings like a gong in certain communities more than others.
 
Judgement.
 
I read an article recently that touched on this and thought to myself, I need to elaborate. I need to clear a few things up before another blog post gets written.

http://theelliotthomestead.com/2014/01/god-cares-a-lot-more-whats-in-your-heart-than-whats-in-your-fridge/
 
 
We are constantly trying to better our lives as people, right? We strive for things. We enjoy learning new things. We "ooh" and "ahh" over what others are doing and we praise them for it. We praise them for the things they're doing with their lives and we can SO EASILY loose sight of the goal. Us moms are REALLY bad at this. We praise others for what they can accomplish. It's almost like a competition and it shouldn't be. It can't be.
 
Writing is a wonderful tool. I love to write, but writing eliminates tone of voice. It eliminates personal touch. It eliminates fellowship. Some would argue that words could, indeed, present a tone and I agree, but to an extent. It will never replace face-to-face connection. It will never replace fellowship. It will never replace memories or personal experience.
 
On this blog, you only get to see what I type out on my computer. Unless you know me well personally, you don't know my heart. I want you to know my heart today.
 
On this blog, I write a lot about food. I write a lot about nutrition, farming, agriculture and gardening. Things that I believe God gave me deep passion for. Things that I believe are beneficial in this short life. Yes, short life. This isn't the end and that's the key. These passions that I often blog about (and do enjoy a good conversation about), will never exceed my love for the Lord and my gratitude for his brutal flogging and crucifixion on the cross for all of the sins of the world. My daily sins. I mess up ALL.THE.TIME.
 
I do firmly believe that we are to be good stewards of what the Lord has given us on this earth and that is not to be taken lightly. We are to take care of His creation...animal husbandry, soil, grasses, vegetation, water, but these things should NEVER exceed our passion to spread the gospel. The Great Commission is clear...
 
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey every thing I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)
 
What a dangerous thing to live this life not knowing Jesus. Eternally dangerous. A life without hope.
 
Jesus says, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)
 
Just because we think we "know" the Lord, doesn't mean He knows us!
 
You can know who a famous singer is, but that doesn't mean he/she knows who you are.
 
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13
 
Do I think that a mother out there who feeds her children Pop Tarts and Kool Aid love her children any less than I do? No. Are those things eternally important? No.
 
There are many things that we judge one another for.
 
Romans 14 is a wonderful reminder NOT to do this.
 
So, from my comfy couch, jammies and cozy blanket covering this evening, I just wanted you to know {wink}.
 

No comments: