Friday, November 4, 2011

Think You Know Your Disney Princesses?
So thankful for this post today. I thought I was the only one who wasn't a fan of Rapunzel. We have seen the movie and Avonlea got the princess dress for her birthday last year, but after watching the movie more than once, I was convinced it was somehow different. I know that villains exist to make a good story/movie, but both my girls clung to my arms while in the theatre during the suspenseful parts. What I didn't like about it was the sheer fact that although Rapunzel's mother was wrong, Rapunzel's disrespect and back-talking were also unacceptable, unBiblical and not to mention all of the little girls who would later try to pull off the same talk to their own mothers at home! (I'll admit that my daughter was one of them. It was quickly corrected.) Large Family Mothering hit the nail on the head. She took the words right out of my mouth. Disney princesses are definitely different now. It's funny how we think of the word "Disney" and we automatically think "safe". Not always the case! Thanks LFM for making us think today about the influences on our little girls.


No comments: