Monday, May 2, 2011




Blueberries Galore!



We went blueberry picking at a local blueberry farm a few weeks ago and this is our 'loot'. We ate some fresh of coarse, dried some out to freeze and I had thought about making blueberry jam, but never got around to it. The good thing about freezing berries though is that I can make jam out of them when I get around to it. The freezing won't effect the taste or consistency. The important thing though about freezing is you have to make sure they're not wet or damp in any way when you throw them into your Ziplock freezer bag to freeze. Otherwise, they'll stick together and get clumpy, and no one likes clumpy berries. :) We also love making smoothies out of them.





We also love reading the above mentioned book The Berry Book by Gail Gibbons. As summer approaches, there are all sorts of berries about to become ripe and we'll be ready for pickin' 'em. I've always loved reading anything by Gail Gibbons. Her books are very educational and there is such a variety of topics that she covers. The only thing is that we have come across the "millions of years" type in one book and I was surprised. I think it was her book on snakes Lincoln was addicted to last month. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that.




Have a lovely Monday all!



No comments: