Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Traditional School Lunches

My husband and I love watching chef Jamie Oliver's tv show as he travels the world making amazingly fresh, local dishes. I love watching him cooking in the middle of a field under a shaded tree. I love watching him describe how to make a tomato salad with fresh herbs or cook a fresh fish on top of coals in the sand on the beach. He brings a whole new appreciation for the food we eat and where we buy it from. I came across this video today and thought I would share. Something to keep in mind if you're a family in the traditional school system.

While I'm in full support of Jamie's opinion to make school lunches healthier, there was something that really struck me in this video. Notice what he says is the answer in HOW to control the lunches. Any guesses? Comments? I was stunned at his suggestion.

No comments: