Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why Homeschooling Matters


I have to give credit to Jill on this one. I'm just passing along a clip that I was touched by, but before you view this, please understand this...If you are not a homeschooling family, I do not pass judgement on you. Please know that I mean this sincerely from the heart. Two areas of Scripture that come to mind on judging others are
Romans 2:1-16 and Matthew 7:1,2. I just wanted to clear this up before you view this. Please be sure to read the rest below.



I think there are a lot of parents out there who can agree to at least some of what this lady is saying, but it's that initial big leap that can be uncomfortable for some. It's a change. It's something out of your comfort zone.

Can I share something with you though? Being a true disciple of Christ calls us to jump out of our comfort zones. The Holy Spirit can and will lead in ways that if we say "no" (excuses),we can be missing out on the most cherished blessing. I am merely sharing from my heart today friends. Merely sharing what has blessed our family in ways we could never have imagined.

Sure there are rare days when I want to ship my children off to the zoo and throw in the towel, but it's those times of frustration that I have seen myself, my children and my marriage grow in ways I never could have dreamed.
We have been blessed and we give all the glory to God.


I have to admit that my favorite part about home educating our children is being there (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) throughout the day and teaching them the godly character qualities that will make them salt and light (Matthew 5:13-16).


"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."


My children wine. My children lack self-control. My children fight. My children sin just as myself and any other human being does.

I like how my ever-so-intelligent brother-in-law put it one time after having one of his beautiful four children (something like this, anyway)...


Sweet, new baby is born. Family members are adoring sweet, new baby and how innocent he is. Dad speaks and says, "This baby isn't innocent. He's a sinner!" (laughing of coarse!)


How true that is. We all sin. We all struggle with temptations. We all have to constantly work on our character. Anyway, prayed and felt lead to share this video/post and our HS testimony today.


*Those that posted prayer requests months ago, you are still being prayed for as you are still on my prayer sheet. Just wanted you to know. {smile}


Blessings to you all and have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't view the video because of my slow connection. However I really liked what you had to say : )