Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Founding Fathers Said What?
"George Washington, the father of our nation and the first president of the United States, stated; 'It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.'

John Quincy Adams, the sixth president, stated: 'The first and...the only book deserving of universal attention is the Bible. I speak as a man of the world...and I say to you 'Search the Scriptures.'

Andrew Jackson, the seventh president, stated, referring to the Bible: 'That book, sir, is the rock on which our Republic rests.'

Patrick Henry, governor of Virginia and signer of the Declaration of Independence, stated: 'It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not by religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.'

John Hancock, signer of the Declaration of Independence, said: 'Principally and first of all, I give and recommend to the earth...nothing doubting but at the general resurrection I shall receive the same again by the mercy and power of God.'

Henry Knox, Revolutionary War general, stated: 'To the supreme head of the universe-to that great and tremendous Jehovah-Who created the universal flame of nature, worlds, and systems in number infinite...to this awfully sublime Being do I resign my spirit with unlimited confidence of His mercy and protection.'

Charles Carroll, signer of the Declaration of Independence, stated: 'Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure...are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments.'

Benjamin Rush, signer of the Declaration of Independence, declared: 'My only hope of salvation is in the infinite, transcendent love of God manifested to the world by the death of His Son upon the cross. Nothing but His blood will wash away my sins. I rely exclusively upon it. Come, Lord Jesus! Come quickly!'

John Hancock and John Adams shook the world with one sentence: 'We recognize no sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus.' "



This was in my reading today and I just wanted to share and encourage. Have a lovely weekend everyone. Blessings.

1 comment:

true blessings said...

Awesome! I think I'll print this to post on a wall!