Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gardening Decisions Made

It's Saturday and after calling around to see what the cost would be to REPLACE my bugged soil (too expensive for the 'good stuff'), I've decided to fight these little buggars. (Insert evil laughter here...teh, heh!) We will soon be taking a trip over to a farm to fill Rob's truck with good manure and I'll be composting as I've never composted before. Every ounce of organic material that I can find will be mixed in with my infested soil for the next month. Remember that good bacteria found in organic matter CAN kill off Nematodes.

Come February, I'll plant some cheap 'test seeds' to see what their roots look like and if all looks well, I'll plant a late spring garden and see what I can get.

Oh yeah, Valarie asked if the soil company would refund my money. Well, I called them up and they don't think they should have to, but they're going to refund half of the money on Monday. Hey, I'll take what I can get. That half will pay for my spring seeds and with free manure and free composted materials, I'll count it as gain. :)

Rejoicing in the good AND the bad!

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

Woohoo! I'm sure they'll never admit that their soil was infected, but at least they were willing to give you some money back that you can use to fix the problem.