Sunday, June 27, 2010

Skin Care Products - Part II


Dear 'Joy Comes In the Morning',

To answer your questions, we LOVE Aubrey's Organics shampoos, lotions, cleansers, etc. They're made here in Florida and are wonderful. Here's the list of ingridients on the back of their Green Tea Clairfying Shampoo:

Deionized water, coconut oil-corn oil soap, organic green tea exract, organic aloe vera, carrageenan, organic lemon peel oil, almond protein, organic blue camomile oil, Aubrey's preservative (citrus seed extract, vitamins A, C and E).






Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner consists of:

Coconut fatty acid cream base, organic aloe vera, organic shea butter, wheat germ oil, organic jojoba oil, organic rosa mosqueta rose hip seed oil, extracts of fennel, hops, balm mint, mistletoe, camomile, yarrow, chrysanthemum, angelica, forsythia and magnolia, honeysuckle oil, carrot oil, Aubrey's preservative (citrus seed extract, vitamins A, C and E).

Notice that there's no sodium laureth sulfate (aka: SLS).

We also like...











Please know that I have not been payed by Aubrey's Organics to endorse their products in any way. I have honestly tried the products listed today and do love them. I love how PURE they are. In fact, I've shopped at multiple health food stores and they all say the same thing, that Aubrey's in so natural, no hazardous chemicals, no false fragrances.
In fact, funny story...

We were at Busch Gardens months ago and I had just started using the shampoo and conditioner. My hair was not only SUPER soft (which if you have curly hair, you know that it's hard to have your curls look intact, yet not 'crunchy'...smile), but it SMELLED good too! It smelled natural. It smelled like roses. Well, not only I thought my hair smelled good, but while we were at Busch Gardens, I noticed a following of bees to my hair! (I am NOT joking.) It wasn't a major issue, I simply walked on. I just thought that was neat. There are REAL flowers used in this product.

Know that these products are not your typical $3.00 shampoo/conditioner. The shampoos and conditioners are $10 and change per bottle. The neat thing as I've been really learning about eating healthy and using healthy products, is that I've learned it's not good to wash your hair everyday. Your hair has natural oils that are GREAT for your hair. When you wash it everyday and use a product with sodium laureth sulfate in it, your hair is stripped of these natural oils. Now, no one likes to have a 'greasy look', but no fear. I was afraid of this too, but after a few weeks of only washing my hair 2 times a week, my scalp did adjust and my hair has never been softer. So, needless to say, you won't need to use the products everyday, reducing the amount you use reduces your cost. So, they probably equal out at some point. I've just never actually measured or anything (that might be a little weird...lol).

Where can you find Aubrey's?


You can check your local health food store and save on shipping, or you can buy them online at their website HERE.
Are their other brands of cosmetics, fragrances, and hair products out there that are natural and safe to use?

Yes.

Here are some links you can visit to find out more:







The research about these particular products was not done by myself alone. I have been reading a great book by KC Craichy called Super Health. The preface of the book is written by Dr. Joseph Mercola of http://www.mercola.com/, who supports KC Craichy and his studies/work in health and nutrition. I highly reccommend this book. The topics covered in this book are endless and you'll want a notebook handy to take notes and a highlighter/pen handy to annotate each page. The greatest part is that he's a Christian man and by reading his book, you see that he loves the Lord and wants his God-given body to be a true temple, honoring of the Lord, free of large amounts of pesticides and chemicals. I've been wanting to do a post/review on the book, so be on the lookout in the future for it. If you just can't wait for the post (I will only include some of the MANY great points, tips and information he gives), you can buy the book. Better yet, go in as a group and share it! Check out your local libary too. You will be blessed by this book!


2 comments:

MamaBear said...

Hopped over from 4 little men and girly twins - I respect the work of Dr. Mercola and am interested in hearing more about this book as well as reading more about your family -

Have a blessed week!

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

Thank you so much. I will be making a purchase very soon. I am really enjoy these post.