Thursday, April 22, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...


If you know me, you know that I am NOT a coffee drinker. I tried to get 'hooked' in college to keep myself awake for all-nighters, etc., but I never could get used to the bitter taste. Even with large amounts of sugar and cream. Anywho, I do LOVE tea. My husband got me to start trying tea when we were teenagers, first dating in high school. His family is Brittish and thus, we drink plenty of tea. :) Not as much during the summer, but lots in the winter (I say winter, but it's really just chilly here in Florida...ha!). I do so love winding down with a cup at night to calm me from the day.
It's interesting because I always learn something new whenever I venture into the health food store. My husband is wonderful and lets me go by myself on the weekends and watches the kids, so I can hear myself think. These two teas are my newest find and don't you just love the ingridients?!!! Plain and simple. No caffine either. The neatest thing that I'm so excited to try is growing Echinacea and Peppermint in my garden and if all goes well, I'll actually be able to make my own tea! When the plants are fully bloomed, I can harvest the leaves/flowers and dry them out. My Echinacea and Peppermint plants are just now beginning to show themselves above the soil. I have them in pots for now, but they'll get transplanted into the raised beds once we transform the garden this summer. Have I mentioned that I'm super-stoked about transforming our garden? Well, I am.:) We're also considering (although I'm hesitant for plethera of reasons) planting another veggie garden in another part of our front yard where it's open, sunny and practically untouched. We shall see.
Now, I'm off to drink some tea. Cheerio mates!!

No comments: