Thursday, April 1, 2010

Carrot Picking

Avonlea and Lincoln had some good friends over the other day for some playtime. Their friends wanted to pick some things out of the garden, so I told them they could pick carrots. I knew they'd be too small, but we picked anyway, scrubbed them and cooked them for lunch. Many carrots were eaten raw and even Riley had a few. Grandma brought me back a basket from China (my Christmas present this year) and it has made a fantastic basket to harvest things from the garden.








teamwork



"Mom, I have big muscles!" ~ Linc


Heading to the porch to take off the green tops
and get them ready to scrub and cook.

Almost done...
*Don't you know that I got too busy to take a picture of our carrots being eaten. Oh well. They were definately yummy, but I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. :)






1 comment:

The Colbert Crew said...

I love the basket!!!!!! How awesome it is. You are right it is perfect for picking.