Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, Monday...

I added another bin to Lincoln's room for his dinosaurs, tools and Little People. I keep finding these bins in our garage and getting motivated to move things around and create more space for things. I think they were old bins I used in my classroom while I was teaching. So, I'm putting them to good use.
This is what I replaced the old bin with (the one in Linc's room). It's the old homeschooling rolling cart (which was replaced by an actual bookshelf unit months ago). I put computer paper in the top drawer, then construction paper, then sponges/paint and finally the last two drawers are just for craft supplies.


Norah awoke early from her nap today and we spent time snuggling, cuddling, having tummy time and doing each other's hair. Okay, so she didn't do mine, but I sure did hers and she loves her new ponytail. Three months old and she's already stylin'. =) We'll see how long it lasts before she pulls is out!
We hit the gymnastics place this morning and I let Avy and Lincoln run around and wear themselves out. It's a great place to go for an hour (open gym) when it's hot which we all know it's STILL hot here in Florida. It's funny watching the weather and all the northerners are sharing how nice the cooler weather is. Yes, we're still frying here in Florida. I think we're going to hit the beach this weekend!
Today is laundry day and I'm finishing that up right now. Kiddos are still sleeping. I'm making lasagne, salad and rolls tonight for dinner. My mom always made it homemade (always made everything homemade) and I used to be intimidated by making things homemade, but now I've got things pretty much down to a science. I'm definately no chef, but it's amazing how far I've come from first being married and eating cereal for dinner to making homemade meals. I do love cooking, it's the price of ingridients that gets me. Grocery stores have really taken advantage of our economic times and jacked up the price of food. Yes, fuel and other things have had a part in it, but still. It's a good thing we do garden and get produce from it.
Oh, on that side note...our garden if full of pests and with the heat and forgetting to water it everyday, we'll only be having beans and some tomatoes this time around. Ug. The pests are insane and my normal "Seven" that I use isn't cutting it. It's still warm and the butterflies and moths are laying their eggs at the base of the plants, hence eating my plants when they hatch. I pulled up some pumplin seedlings the other day and couldn't believe how many caterpillars there were on it. Little suckers! Anyhow, I need to call dad for some more tips on how to get rid of them.
Still letting the big 3-0 sink in. Thanks for all the sweet comments friends/family. I did forget to mention the fact that my amazingly wonderful husband DID get me a gorgeous boquet of flowers for my birthday! We did enjoy a romantic evening out alone without the kiddos (thanks Mom and Dad)...dinner and a movie. We saw the new Jennifer Aniston movie and with the exception of a few unnecessary comments or a word here or there, I was quite impressed with the movie. It was my pick since it was my birthday and Rob was a good sport. =)
Well, got to get the rest of the laundry finished and I'm hoping that if these little darlings continue sleeping, I'll get a small project done by the time they awake. I'll have to post a picture once I get it done. I'm a lean, mean organizing queen!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hey Kelli. I use the Cricut. I LOVE it. I need to use it more. The only thing is that it takes cartridges and they can be pricey. You can rent them some places and also find them online cheaper.