Monday, November 24, 2008

Catching Some zzzzzs...



We've been running into a problem lately...the kids wake up earlier than we do! Typical, I know, but I was destined to find a way to address this issue to gain just a few more minutes of sleep.

For Lincoln (our early riser), we found a small basket and put toys that he usually doesn't play with in it. When he wakes up early in the morning, we go in and place the basket in his crib, giving him something to do and letting us sleep in a bit longer.

With Avonlea, I purchased a basic alarm clock for her bedroom. I posted a sticky note (I'm queen of them!) on the right-hand side with a 7 on it. When the clock says 7 on the left-hand side matching the sticky note that says 7, Avonlea is able to get up. Rob came up with the bright idea of fast-forwarding her clock about 20 minutes and I'm thinking that's not a bad idea (we're so sneaky)! Also, as she's waiting for her 7s to match, she reads books that are located next to her bed. :)

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Genius! I need to do that with Jamison, who likes to get up at 6:15.

Matthew and Valerie said...

What brilliant parents you are!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

SOOOO smart!!